KINKA CHEMICAL SOCIETY
Address: 1-8-4 Utsubo-hommachi Nishi-ku Osaka Japan.
Kinka Chemical Society (KCS) was founded in 1919 as The Society of Kinki Chemical Industry and approved in 1985 by The Ministry of Science and Technology, Japan Government, as the incorporated organization of the Ministry. KCS is intimately called Kinka.
The Society is a non-profit scientific and educational association, consisting of about 2000 professional chemical scientists and engineers of universities, national and public institutions, and chemical industries mainly in Japan. The Society has made a great contribution to the progress of chemistry and the advancement of chemical industries in Japan, above all, a fruitful cooperation among universities, government, and industries.
The Society has been carrying out a broad program of meetings, seminars, education, publication, and other activities in pursuit of the following objectives to encourage the members in the broadest and most liberal manner by:
- exchanging chemical and engineering news and technology;
- advancing chemistry in the areas of all members;
- promoting research and development in chemical science and industry;
- improving qualification and capability of chemists through chemical education and achievements of high standards;
- enlightening and spreading chemical knowledge and information over professional chemists and public;
- collaborating internationally in the field of scientific and engineering chemistry;
- hosting international conferences and symposia.
Publication of Journal and Books.
- * Kinki Kagaku Kogyokai (simply called Kinkasi, an official monthly publication, Japanese)
- * Organo Metallic NEWS (quarterly, Japanese)
- * Electronics Communications (annually, Japanese)
- * Towards the Future of Chemistry (1999, Japanese)
- * Microreactor (Present & Future Technology)(1999, Japanese)
- * Textbooks for technical seminars
- * Proceedings and abstracts of meetings and symposia e.g., Symposium on Organometallic Chemistry (annually, English)
Every year, Annual Meeting is held at the end of May to review and discuss the past, present and future activity of the Society with the representatives. Annual Meeting is followed by a special lecture usually given by an eminent invited speaker, a ceremony for KCS Awards, Year Get-Together Party in January is another occasion for further strengthening the friendship.
Every year KCS Award in Chemical Technology is presented to groups that made remarkable advancement in technology for chemical industry.
Since 2001, KCS Award in Environmental Technology is presented to groups that made remarkable advancement in environmental chemical technology.
- 1) Organometallic Chemistry
- 2) Synthetic Chemistry
- 3) Catalyst Chemistry
- 4) Heteroatom Chemistry
- 5) Biochemistry
- 6) Functional Dye Chemistry
- 7) Electronics
- 8) Computer Chemistry
- 9) Group for Research on Automated Flow and Microreactor Synthesis
- 10) Polymer Engineering
International Symposiums Sponsored by KCS
*International Kyoto Conference on New Aspects of Organic Chemistry (IKCOC)
In commemoration of the 60th Anniversary of KCS, IKCOC was started in 1979 every 3years in Kyoto. IKCOC-14 will be held in the Rihga Royal Hotel in Kyoto, Japan , from November 12 to 16, 2018.
Representatives of Board of KCS（2017-2018）
- Taro Eguchi (Invited Professor, Osaka University Tekijuku Commemoration Center)
- Vice President:
- Hiroshi SUGIYAMA (Professor, Kyoto University)
- Akihisa TAKABE(Executive Officer, Daicel Corporation)